Monday, August 17, 2015

James 1:2 Joy Amidst Trials

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials...

Okay.  I am not a physically born Jew, but I am a brother/sister in Christ.

Galations 28 and 29 says:

  "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise".

Because of that, it is important for me - and anybody who believes in Jesus - to come to an understanding that when difficulties and hardships come, regardless of the form they take, those hardships are things that can actually be counted as joy. Why?  Because of the good they produce - especially when we let the Holy Spirit work in us the way He wants to.

In other words, I need to acknowledge any difficulty that comes my way, as something that (for reasons I may or may not understand) God is using in my life... or even someone else's life... for good. Therefore...I can be joyful in that understanding. 

I have to say, though, that verse is nothing but meaningless words if I don't actually apply it to my life on a daily basis.  When I do that, it is amazing how my perspective changes.  Life becomes good again!


No comments:

Post a Comment