Sunday, August 16, 2015

James 1:1 Just What is a Servant?

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.  To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings".  


James could have referred to himself as one of the three apostles in Jesus's inner circle of disciples. Sounds good...but he didn't.  James wasn't simply someone who happened to believe in God and Jesus.  Before anything else, he referred to himself as a servant. God's servant.  And he recognized that God and Jesus were in the same equation, Jesus being recognized as his Lord.

I believe in God. In Jesus.  But do I really acknowledge the reality that as a follower of Christ, I am first and foremost His servant?  Do I put Him first in everything?  A servant does the bidding of his Master.  Jesus in my Master.

* What does He want me to do?
*  Do I truly live for Him?
*  Do I listen to His voice?
*  How can I be a good servant if I am not attentive to my Master...if I don't listen to His voice?

A servant is available.  He is willing to be there.  Willing to act when asked.  He will know his master so well that oftentimes he will be able to act according to His Masters will before His Master has to say anything.  Those things will be written on the servants heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment